•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tripod for Paramount MX

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#26 jmiele

jmiele

Patron Saint?

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

Nick,You get about 4 inches of adjustment. The levelers add another inch. You will love it!

PascalN, Good deal they are most defiantly worth it. I'm also looking into 10-32 threaded double locking caster as well. Joe

#27 M13 Observer

M13 Observer

Apollo

• -----

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

Nick,You get about 4 inches of adjustment. The levelers add another inch. You will love it!

PascalN, Good deal they are most defiantly worth it. I'm also looking into 10-32 threaded double locking caster as well. Joe

Casters? This is one I haven't heard about. Any pics or further info?

#28 jmiele

jmiele

Patron Saint?

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

My project not Robs. :) I found a source for the double locking caster like used to be an option with the ATS Piers. One locks the wheels from rotating 360, the other stop the wheel from turning. Joe

#29 M13 Observer

M13 Observer

Apollo

• -----

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

My project not Robs. :) I found a source for the double locking caster like used to be an option with the ATS Piers. One locks the wheels from rotating 360, the other stop the wheel from turning. Joe

Aaaaahhh! That makes sense in some ways. I am not sure I would want to stress the legs in compression too much. The design is all about tension provided by vertical loading.

#30 jmiele

jmiele

Patron Saint?

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

That's a good point as well. This design is light and as a result things need to be just so. To me, the levelers should be required on them. I like that the load is forced straight down onto the pivoting foot. Joe

#31 vman69au

vman69au

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:56 PM

Anyone comment with experience how stable these are for a mount like paramount MX or AP900 compared to a portable pier.

Here is a pic of my current pier and trying to decide if i should get something more portable like Robs tripods but dont want to sacrifice stability.

Posted Image

#32 Bowmoreman

Bowmoreman

Clear enough skies

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

nice rig!

and welcome to CN vman69au!

i really like the lines of MI250's

#33 jmiele

jmiele

Patron Saint?

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:31 PM

Very nice. Rob's tripods are GREAT! As stable an the AP Pier IME. I had an 8" AP pier. Also, extremely light. The Med is for the MX I think. Did you get a ship date? I know they were assembling the new hand paddles this week. They look very neat. I'm getting one for the ME. Joe

#34 Dan Crowson

Dan Crowson

Soyuz

• Moderators

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I know this is an old thread but I'm not sure on where else to ask. I've tried sending an email to Rob Miller a couple times (the only way to contact him on his site) and I haven't received a reply. Is he still doing this work?

Thanks,

Dan

#35 ASTERON

ASTERON

Surveyor 1

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Dan,
Rob Miller is probably trying to establish a new company.
There is another thread in this forum with all the rumors and available info about why he does not respond to any e-mails.
some people claim to have talked to him over the phone and he said he is going to be opening for bussiness by April or May.
Note - these are all second hand information so should be taken with a grain or two of salt.
The facts are that I have been trying to contact him by e-mail for a month now- still no response.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics