•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Wireless USB 2 Connection to Equipment

astrophotography equipment mount
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Cosmos

• topic starter

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:04 PM

I want to eliminate the USB 2 Repeater Cable going to my mount.  It connects to a 4-Port Hub that connects to my Canon EOS, QHY5L-II auto-guider and QHY PoleMaster.  There were Wireless USB 2 Hubs many years ago but they were discontinued.  What are my options?  Thx

Edited by Jim Waters, 06 August 2019 - 03:05 PM.

#2 Noah4x4

Noah4x4

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:15 PM

Much depends on distance, but best bet IMHO...(summary as there are numerous more detailed threads)...

1.  Mini-computer at scope running your software using Windows 10 Professional.

2.  Laptop indoors (any version of Windows 10). 

3.  Control 1 from 2 using Windows Remote Desktop with RemoteFX compression disabled.

4.  Connect 1 to 2 using your Home Wireless network or a pair of wireless 'point to point' receivers.

This route with RemoteFX compression disabled offers up to 433 mbps data transfer on a typical 802.11ac wireless network, suffice for even 4K UHD data transmission. As regards mini-computer, arguably any M3 or i3 Compute Stick or Intel NUC (or faster) will suffice and can be run 'headless' if controlled in this manner. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics