•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

An alternative to the very popular SW-120ED?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#26 aa6ww

aa6ww

Gemini

• topic starter

Posted 21 January 2020 - 02:24 AM

by your method, only keeping the dew shild retracted, the Altair Wave Series 125 EDF F7.8 APO Binoviewer ready 3.7" R&P Focuser is significantly shorter then my 120ED.

That would also imply my 120ED is about the same size as my 152ED.

Thats pretty awesome!!

..Ralph

I just measured my 120 mm Eon.  In it's case, it's 31.5 inches in length.  That's significantly shorter than the 120mm Skywatcher which is 36 inches long.

Jon

#27 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:49 AM

by your method, only keeping the dew shild retracted, the Altair Wave Series 125 EDF F7.8 APO Binoviewer ready 3.7" R&P Focuser is significantly shorter then my 120ED.

That would also imply my 120ED is about the same size as my 152ED.

Thats pretty awesome!!

..Ralph

In terms of fitting the 31.5" long Eon in a Car, in terms of carrying it out the backdoor mounted and ready to go, there's a real advantage over the 36'" Skywatcher 120.  

That's all..  When the scope is outside, that's when the dew shield gets extended.

jon

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics