•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

XT10G Mount Replacement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bambroso

bambroso

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:10 PM

I dont see replacement mount kits available for sale anywhere. If one needed to replace mount for XT10G are there resources? I did not find anything specific..

#2 whizbang

whizbang

Surveyor 1

• Loc: NE of Seattle, WA

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:22 PM

Why not have a carpenter or handyman disassemble the old base and use the parts as a template to cut and build a new mount base?

#3 junomike

junomike

ISS

• Administrators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:41 PM

I dont see replacement mount kits available for sale anywhere. If one needed to replace mount for XT10G are there resources? I did not find anything specific..

These used to be available (in N.America) by Skywatcher, but are no longer offered.

IMO most of the cost of the complete telescope is the Base and If you sell the OTA separately, you shouldn't be too far off

the cost of just the Base.

#4 JamesDuffey

JamesDuffey

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Cedar Crest NM

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:55 PM

Astrogoods sells Dobsonian bases made from Baltic birch. They have both standard and custom bases available. < https://www.astrogoo...nts.which.shtml

#5 bambroso

bambroso

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 August 2020 - 10:51 AM

Astrogoods sells Dobsonian bases made from Baltic birch. They have both standard and custom bases available. < https://www.astrogoo...nts.which.shtml >

Thank you one and all for your wisdom and guidance. I would use the existing panels as a guide but the wife sort of ruined that idea when she backed over it. Don’t ask. I will figure out something. Thank you again.

Edited by bambroso, 14 August 2020 - 10:53 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics