•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter from this morning, 19th March 2009

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 iceman

iceman

Aurora

• topic starter

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

Hi all

I had a fairly busy morning this morning - knowing that the skies were going to be clear (well, hoping), the waning crescent Moon was well positioned, a bright ISS and STS-119 Discovery pass was going overhead, and then of course Jupiter which is climbing to a manageable 35° altitude before dawn.

I managed to capture all three objects, and here’s the first one that has been processed. It’s Jupiter in seeing that was very similar to what I captured on wednesday morning.

The resolution isn’t great due to the seeing, but Oval BA is visible just past the CM. I missed the best of the seeing as it deteriorated further as dawn approached. I was busy capturing the Moon and the ISS when the seeing was good, and Jupiter was still too low.

Jupiter and Oval BA - 19th March 2009

Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2993505-20090319_1932-MikeSalway.jpg

#2 Bird

Bird

Soyuz

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

Thanks Mike, nicely done.

cheers, Bird

#3 Mick Hyde

Mick Hyde

Apollo

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:16 AM

Good start to the season Mike.

#4 Freddy WILLEMS

Freddy WILLEMS

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

Great capture Mike, any luck with the ISS ?
Freddy

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics