•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Hi everybody!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Save87

Save87

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

Hello people, i'm Saverio and i'm writing from Italy.

Sorry for my poor english! I'm an observer of the night sky, and i would like to talk with you in this great community.

I like observing the Moon, planets, double stars, Sun; but my heart beats for the deep sky objects! I have observed over 400 DSO, but i'm not satisfied yet! <3

I have some telescopes: a Dobson GSO Deluxe 250/1250, a Maksutov-Newton Intes-Micro MN 68 152/1216, and a refractor Sky-Watcher Startravel 80/400. I have also a refractor 60/700, my first telescope, a present from my girl, with it i have begun this astronomical adventure. :refractor:

I have also a blog called Amico delle Stelle.

I'm trying to understand your discussions and if i'm able i will answer too. Meanwhile i wish you Clear Sky.

P.S. This message is correct because my girl has helped me to write it! :lol:

#2 MikeBOKC

MikeBOKC

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:29 AM

Great to have you -- we have members from all over the world and perhaps Mars as well. Pull up a chair and make  yourself at home!

#3 SeaBee1

SeaBee1

Skylab

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

Welcome to the neighborhood! Clear skies!

CB

#4 sickfish

sickfish

Voyager 1

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:54 AM

piacere di conoscerti Saverio.

I don't speak Italian, I had to look this up. :grin:

Clear skies.

#5 Cotts

Cotts

Just Wondering

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

Welcome to the fun!  I see you have the 150mm f/8 Mak Newton.  I had one for two years and liked it very much for planetary viewing.  

The English is good!  That's quite a girl you have.  Does she have a sister?    :grin:

Dave

#6 desertstars

desertstars

ISS

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:41 AM

I like observing the Moon, planets, double stars, Sun; but my heart beats for the deep sky objects! I have observed over 400 DSO, but i'm not satisfied yet!

Welcome aboard, and here's hoping you are never quite satisfied!  :grin:

#7 Save87

Save87

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

Thank you very much to everyone for this warm welcome. :)

Don't worry, when i will be satisfied i will buy a Dobson of 40 cm and the game will begin again. :lol:

The MN 68 is a good telescope, not only for planets but also for double stars, it has a small obstruction (17%) and the stars look like how at refractor. But it is so big and heavy; i haven't a stable place to observe, and mounting it every time is demanding.

No, my girl has a brother, is it the same thing? :lol:

Talking in this mythic forum for me is exciting, there is the possibility to confront us with people from all the world, and Mars too. :grin:

#8 hm insulators

hm insulators

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:48 PM

Welcome to cloudynights! :jump:

#9 Cames

Cames

Apollo

• -----

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

Welcome Saverio

You have a very nice list of instruments with which to observe.  You can be proud of them.

In order to have observed more than 400 DSOs, you must have access to a reasonably dark sky location.  Around here, the light pollution is so intense that we must often drive and carry our equipment to a remote site in order to be able to appreciate the fainter DSOs.  Is your DSO observatory at home or, if not, how far must you travel to find some really dark skies?

Your latitude is pretty close to that of one of our famous dark sky sites called Cherry Springs State Park in Pennsylvania.  You may already have heard of its reputation. It is common that visitors from Europe attend star parties which are held there each year. Many amazing observations of deep sky objects have been made from that latitude.

Good to hear about your interests and may you experience many clear and dark skies.

-------

C

#10 Stargazer713

Stargazer713

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

Welcome to CN. I wish you lived closer so I could take a l look through your dobson.

#11 Rock07

Rock07

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

Welcome to CN's

#12 cosmodweller

cosmodweller

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:06 PM

welcome!

#13 star drop

star drop

The Cardinal

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:58 PM

Hi Saverio and welcome to Cloudy Nights. You have a nice astronomical blog.

#14 Feidb

Feidb

Gemini

• -----

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:29 PM

Saverio,

Welcome to Cloudy Nights and great to have you!

I lived in Spain for 10 years and found plenty of deep sky objects during my time there. I had a reasonably dark site. However, to get it, I had to go around the neighborhood and pop the circuit breakers in all the street lights when I wanted to observe. Then put them back in when I was done.

My scope is a 400mm Dobsonian reflector, first a home built one then a commercial one when my wife decided I was getting too old to haul the home-built one around, which was three meters long!

I've logged 1765 objects since I started keeping track back in 1982. You have made quite a big accomplishment logging 400! Keep it up. Like you, I am a deep sky observer and spend all my time at the eyepiece.

Don't hesitate to ask your questions here on the forums or you can e-mail me privately and anyone else who invites you to do so, and I/we'll be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Arivaderci! I probably spelled that wrong, but hey, my Spanish is just as bad and I lived there for a decade!

Edited by Feidb, 27 June 2015 - 10:30 PM.

#15 Save87

Save87

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

Thanks to everyone, guys! :)

@Ranger 4: unfortunately the skies in Italy are more and more polluted. However i live in Tuscany, and here there are still places where the sky is dark; so if i drive for an half hour i arrive under sky quite dark, meanwhile if i drive for an hour and half when the sky is dark. At the star party at Monte Amiata, this year, the SQM has reached 21,5! I didn't know Cherry Springs, from the photos on network seems a spectacular location, thank you for the information.

@Feidb: compliments for the perseverance, and also for your skill, it is extraordinary observing almost 2000 DSO! Women don't understand us night sky's observeres! :lol: Thank you for the availability, if i need help i will contact you.

Edited by Save87, 28 June 2015 - 06:37 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics