•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

OC: what's it worth?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 delta53

delta53

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:53 PM

I have a 30 year old Optical Craftsmen 8” f/6 and I'm thinking of moving to a bigger Dob I'm more likely to use.

The optics are in good shape. Any idea what it's worth and how to market it?

#2 Rcade

Rcade

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:41 PM

These were around when my Cave was. Both were good scopes but value depends on a lot of variables; model, condition, all original, working condition, location, etc. I have seen 8" Caves go from $750.00 to $1800.00. I am less familar with the Optcal Craftsmen scopes. Maybe some one else can be mopre specific.

One thing I have have found with vintage, not old but vintage, scopes is if you can find the right person near by you can probably get more. Shipping on a 8" Cave runs arount $150-250.00, you may be able to keep somne of that with a local or near by sale. You could also do a seach on classified sights for past sales of similar scopes. Sorry I could no be more helpful. GOOD LUCK !!!!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics