•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

GIRO Mini sansone or Giro mini standard ???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 lmgtz_doc

lmgtz_doc

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

Does any one has a Giro mini ?? If have it please post a n image to see the size, any comment about it , thanks.

Luis Gtz.

#2 Jim7728

Jim7728

Cosmos

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:23 AM

I had the Giro mini, now being used by lady friend. ;)
It's compact, well built and has very smooth motions. I recommend a tripod with an elevating column for clearing tripod legs when pointing up.
Mini is good for ota's <7lbs. Over that will need,imo, a counterweight bar on the opposite side of where scope is mounted , else azimuth motion will be very stiff.

Here it is mounted on a Bogan 3026 and WO-66mm. I did have some issues balancing the 66 due to the ota's short length, but solved with a longer dovetail bar.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3021778-Giro mini.jpg

#3 lmgtz_doc

lmgtz_doc

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

Thanks Jim, I am thinking to buy a Giro Mini " sansone " that has the double of payload and with a counterweight ( means another telescopes and extra arm ) it may works with my FLT 98 mm aluminium version.

thanks.................Luis Gtz.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics