•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The penciles are sharpened, the scope is ready...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 WadeVC

WadeVC

Mercury-Atlas

• ****-
  • topic starter

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

Holy Cow! After what seems like a eternity, both my frantic work schedule AND the skies are going to allow me some time to get out under the stars again.

The winter here has been terrible in regards to either constant cloud cover or exceptionally dewy conditions. I had a total of 3 nights observing time over the entire winter. I was only able to glimpse the Winter constellations a couple of times, often times being chased back in by the confounded moisture early.

Orion has ridden into the SW, and the spring/summer constellations are now on the rise. Hopefully I can still get a good line-of-site on Leo before it too goes away for the season.

I know it isn't an excuse for not visiting during this time, but it really is hard to "get into it" when I have been, in effect, housebound due to the lousy weather and non-observing aspects of such.

I have really missed many of the fine folks here, and I am so looking forward to dragging the scope out and getting some quality observing AND sketching time in...of which I plan on doing tonight (Friday) and Saturday night as well.

Keep up the great sketches everyone, and I will see you around the forums now that I too will get a chance to peer through the EP again!!!
:jump:

#2 frank5817

frank5817

ISS

• Moderators

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

Wade,

Good to hear from you again. Will be nice to see you sketching again---you have been missed.

Frank :)

#3 CarlosEH

CarlosEH

Cosmos

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

Wade,

We are all happy to hear that you will be back on the forum soon with your excellent observations. I understand your difficulty with your schedule and weather. The best of luck with your weather.

Carlos

#4 rd56

rd56

Messenger

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

Wade,

Great to see you back and looking forward to seeing your sketches again !

Ron

#5 JayinUT

JayinUT

I'm not Sleepy

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:21 PM

Wade,

Glad to see you back! Sorry about conditions (both sky and schedule). The best thing is the sky is always around. I will look forward to seeing your sketches again.

#6 JimPie

JimPie

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:47 AM

Glade to have you back Wade.

#7 Jeff Young

Jeff Young

Aurora

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

Wade --

Our skies on this side of the pond have been woeful this spring as well. I haven't gotten any night-time sketches done since March, and solar hasn't been much better (2 in April and 2 in May).

Anyway, I can't wait to see your results!

-- Jeff.

#8 kraterkid

kraterkid

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:55 AM

Hey Wade, Welcome back! :jump:

I am returning to the forums after a long absense as well. Glad to see you posting here again and looking forward to your great sketches! :waytogo:

#9 KevinP

KevinP

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:24 PM

Welcome back Wade. I am looking forward to more of your excellent sketches.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics