•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter aug 22: RGB NIR UVA & CH4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arbacia

Arbacia

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

Posted Image

RGB pictures were taken with the Astronomik RGB type II filters, UVA with Baader Venus U-Filter, NIR with an Astronomik Planet Pro 742 and Methane with the Baader Methane 890nm (8nm wide) line. C14 en CGE and my usual . 1000 photographs each (a 1/125s-1/30s) except the Methane for which 55 frames of 5 seconds each at maximum ganance. Seeing 3/5.

The big colour picture was obtained using the RGB pictures plus NIR as luminance. The lowermost at the right is the same but using the Methane picture as additional luminance. For the lower central picture, I used NIR for the red channel and Methane for green and blue channels and for the last one I used UVA and methane for red and blue channels and green channel in black.

Coments in the blog of The Imaging source Cameras:
http://www.astronomy...jupiter-images/

Cheers,
Patricio

#2 WayneJ

WayneJ

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

Very well done, Patricio! The false color images are very interesting and the RGB looks excellent.

Regards,

Wayne

#3 Mert

Mert

Voyager 1

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

Realmente bien!!!! :waytogo:

Very interesting how the planet shows in all these
different frequencies!
Excellent images!

#4 Kecktastic

Kecktastic

Skylab

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

Interesting body of work there Patricio, certainly offers a different perspective.

Regards
Trevor

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics