•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Pre-SEB Outbreak Jupiter in Very Good Seeing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 BKBrown

BKBrown

Aurora

• topic starter

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

I'm doing a bit of catch up during our current run of gloomy weather. This is a recently processed and previously unpublished image from my 29/30 August session during very good seeing conditions. At the time I had just finished tweaking my C925 and was just getting acquainted with my (then) brand new DBK21AU04. I inadvertently posted this in the Planetary and Solar System Observing forum, if the moderators want to close that thread this is where I intended to post...Thanks. As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Clear Skies,
BrianB

Attached Thumbnails

• 4287066-Jupiter0023 10-08-30 03-34-05_003d.jpg

#2 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

James Webb Space Telescope

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

Very nice Brian.....sometimes you end up having "reams" of unprocessed captures that you really should process (I know I do!)

Maybe I should take the time whilst the weather is poor to put my year's compendium together.....

Quite a change in Jove's appearance from last opposition, through the "no-SEB" phase and now to clearly defined features again as per my 27th Dec one - one wonders when/if we'll see further expansions before conjunction, and what it'll look like next apparition! :question:

#3 BKBrown

BKBrown

Aurora

• topic starter

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

Thanks Darryl, good to hear from you. I feel like I am at least starting to get a grip on the lunar and planetary imaging game. I took my first image of Jupiter in early May 2010 with an Orion StarShoot Planetary Imager and Autoguider (a horrible piece of gear I'm afraid) through a C8N Newt (outstanding optics). By July I had moved up to a used C925 and a DBK21AU04...what a difference good gear makes! During that time one of the things that helped me along was your tutorial on the DBK21; thanks for that bit of education, it was a very useful. Hopefully the seeing will improve soon and I'll get one more good crack at Jupiter. If not there is always next year...and Saturn is rising.

Clear Skies,
Brian

#4 DesertRat

DesertRat

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

Nice image Brian! I hope things clear up for you soon - Im anxious to see your C11 Edge in action. Maybe you will catch the Saturn storm - I think you'll be amazed.

Best wishes,
Glenn

#5 BKBrown

BKBrown

Aurora

• topic starter

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

Thanks Glenn! I'm looking forward to taking the C11 out this weekend if the weather holds, I'll probably try for a Saturn session.

Clear Skies,
Brian

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics