•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

hopefully 1st light tonight!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 mike bacanin

mike bacanin

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:44 AM

I've put together a bino package for the F9 100ed i own. Its a WO bino with the 1.6x corrector.Using a WO 1.25" Dielectric diagonal.I have a exact matched pair of zeiss jena 10mm orthos which should give around x144. The diagonal is held by a 2 to 1.25" self centring adapter. Its a nice day here right now, so fingers crossed for tonight to try it all out and report back, good or bad!

Mike

#2 roadi

roadi

Surveyor 1

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Your target/s would be? ;)
A nice setup I believe! looking forward to hear your experience with the setup.

#3 mike bacanin

mike bacanin

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

Hi Roadi,

i just observed jupiter and mars. jupiter was over a roof emitting heat, so seeing not great! but good detail in steady moments. mars looked good, ice cap very prominent as was a very prominent dark v shaped marking coming off the ice cap, and quite a few finer details.
i was a bit surprised i could not get focus with the 1.6x in the bino nosepiece. i had to screw it into the telescope side of the wo 1.25" diagonal to reach focus. i actually think i am at too high power really, but i do not know the amplifying factor with the corrector now in the diagonal.
i may have to replace the jenas with a longer fl pair of eyepieces. btw absolutely no merge issues.

mike

#4 roadi

roadi

Surveyor 1

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Mike, your observation of mars corresponds much with some of the sketches made here on the site. I believe dweller is one of the observers! Nice observation ;)
Great to hear you don't have any merging problems!
I can hardly wait to observe again in about two month. In meantime I'll enjoy others observations/sketches ;)

#5 REC

REC

Voyager 1

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

Mike, I had the same problem in my scope until someone told me I needed the screw the 1.6x into the FRONT of the diagonal first. Now it more than doubles the focal length. Now I only use the 20mm pair that came with the BV.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics