•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Retrofitting a Vixen SP polar finder With GPD2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 joebuck

joebuck

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Has anyone looked into retrofitting a Vixen SP polar finder with a GPD2 unit :question:? Reading Tony Hallis` article in the June issue it looks identical. Sure would be nice to upgrade due to the Earths precession. Would make it a lot easier to know exactly where to place Polaris in this time and date rather than guessing without tic marks on the reticle. :question:

#2 John Carruthers

John Carruthers

Skiprat

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

nearly all the polar scopes use an M18 x 1 thread, I have a Skywatcher scope in my Vixen SP. New current reticles are available, not sure where these days.

#3 joebuck

joebuck

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for the info on the thread size John I have an email off to Vixen, but haven`t received a response from them yet.

Regards,

John Suscavage

#4 Geo.

Geo.

Vendor - Nexstar Parts

• Vendors

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Yes, they do interchange. As do CGEM and Atlas polar finders with the Vixens. The Vixen version looks no different than the others except at the bank.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics