•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The Herschel 400's and beyond - looking for input

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#26 blb

blb

Aurora

• -----

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

...some of the mystery objects.

:question:
What are these confusing mystery objects? The only mystery object that I know of, in the Herschel 400, is NGC 6882 and it is most likely a duplicate observation of NGC 6885. Are there any other problem objects here with the Herschel 400, not in the Herschel II list?

#27 uniondrone

uniondrone

Surveyor 1

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

And for those of us who're "fortunate" enough to live in high northern latitudes, FDSS (Finnish Deep Sky Section) has Herschel 400 North which is "better" suited for such locations. It does have many of the same objects as the original H400 list (of course).

/Jake

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the link! I wish that I knew about URSA when I was living in Finland. Sadly, aside from occasional stargazing, I was relatively "astronomy-less" during those years.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics