•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Proms on West limb today!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 saguaro

saguaro

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

I managed to grab one shot today in between clouds before the sky completely clouded over. Awesome prominences today on the west limb! Taken with a Lunt LS50mm with 600 blocking diagonal and double-stack module, using a Skyris 132m camera. FireCapture for capture, stacked in Autostakkert2! and processed in Photoshop.

proms-on-west-limb_-for-web.jpg

Edited by saguaro, 12 January 2015 - 07:54 AM.

#2 TerryWood

TerryWood

Skylab

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

Wow, fantastic shot!

V/R

Terry

#3 saguaro

saguaro

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

Thanks Terry. My first time using Firecapture, which I like better than IC Capture. My raw video for the above image has passing clouds in about half the frames, so I was pretty surprised that the final image was decent.

#4 R Botero

R Botero

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

Great shot - thanks for sharing it!  :waytogo:

#5 saguaro

saguaro

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Thanks Roberto! I just made a donation to Torsten Edelmann, the developer of FireCapture. The above image was the first time I used his program and I only had time to take one video due to cloudy conditions. A bit of beginner's luck, I guess. The above image was chosen by the SOLARACTIVITY group on Facebook as their "Picture of the Day".

Solar Activity POTD.jpg

#6 rigel123

rigel123

ISS

• ****-

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

Thanks Roberto! I just made a donation to Torsten Edelmann, the developer of FireCapture. The above image was the first time I used his program and I only had time to take one video due to cloudy conditions. A bit of beginner's luck, I guess. The above image was chosen by the SOLARACTIVITY group on Facebook as their "Picture of the Day".

attachicon.gifSolar Activity POTD.jpg

Congrats!

#7 StarStuff1

StarStuff1

Skylab

• In Memoriam

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

Wow! Very nice. I hope to see the Sun this Saturday.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics